helenliz

helenliz

Return to the Hundred Acre Wood (Winnie-The-Pooh Collection)

Return to the Hundred Acre Wood - David Benedictus, Mark Burgess, A.A. Milne Wasn't sure about this, there are some things that are sacrosanct and Pooh seemed to me to be one of them. But it actually was better than expected. It is set during the summer holiday when CR has come home from school and has the air of those lazy days of summer childhod. Initially I thought it was trying too hard to be cute, but that sensation went away fairly quickly. The introduction of a new character allows him to be different from the original and cover new ground. I wont spoil the ending, but it had the same effect on this soppy reader that the final paragraphs of the original Pooh books did. The illustrations are easily the best thing about this - they are true to the Shepard drawings and have avoided the horrid things that Disney has done to Pooh and his friends. Wasn't sure, but am now convinced and have, most reluctantly, had to wrap this copy up - bought as a present so had to finish it quite quickly!