helenliz

helenliz

I Want You To Want Me

I Want You To Want Me - Kathy Love On one level, this is fabulous; but the the afterglow from the erotic sections wears off and you notice the gaping plot holes...Erika Todd's a sculptor with a taste for the psychic and has moved to New Orleans to move her creative career forward - and thus far it seems to be working. At the books' start, she's preparing for an exhibition in a few weeks, but is having trouble with a lopsided fallen angel. She's renting an apartment from her friend, Maggie, and her husband, Ren. And they're off on a romantic weekend away, so Erika's left on her own. At which point she meets Ren's brother Vittorio, when she thinks he's a burglar & ends up throwing her phone at him. Only he isn't a burglar he's a sort of vampire. Good oh.There is an attraction between the two, only he tries desperately not to give into it, as he's on the trail of a murderer who seems to have been killing off ladies of his acquaintance. And here it all gets a little bit strange. There's a mad mother, a curse, a pair of daemons from the 5th (or deeper) levels of hell and in between stupendous sex with Vittorio, it nearly ends rather badly for Erika. It's a swift enough read and, if you happen to go for arrogant, blond hairs, dark eyed hunks (I don't) who's a whizz at oral sex (I could be persuaded) then it's perfectly satisfying. But then there are those plot holes. The background, why & how Vittorio is a Vampire, why his mother is completely round the twist, why Ren's the unfavoured brother, what happened in the past to make Vittorio think he owes the world an apology, all this is never explained - it's brushed under the carpet, hoping you'll be too heated to notice. OK, but would be a better book with a bit more story.